– ORCID-ID: 0000-0002-0397-2636
– Web of Science (WOS) Researcher ID: B-3742-2013
– Scopus Author ID: 7005417168
– Current position – Alessandra Silvani, PhD, is Associate Professor of Organic Chemistry at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Milan.
– Biosketch and Research activity – Alessandra Silvani, born in 1967, received her MSc and PhD in Chemistry at the University of Milan. She was first appointed Assistant Professor (2001) and then Associate Professor (2018) in Organic Chemistry at the same University. Her research activity is focused on organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry, including the asymmetric synthesis of natural products and natural products-like molecules (antitumor alkaloids, peptides derivatives, steroids), and of conformationally controlled peptidomimetics for GPCR and protein-protein interactions. Current research topics are the generation of chemical diversity by means of multicomponent reactions around privileged chemical motifs in medicinal chemistry (spiro-2-oxindoles, amino boronic acids) and the functionalization of naturally occurring monomers for production of active biopolymers.
To date (on 05-12-2022), this activity has led to the publication of 110 articles in international journals, 2 book chapters and 2 patents (index H = 27, from Scopus).
– Ongoing Collaborative Projects – II Edition (Fondazione Regionale per la Ricerca Biomedica): “NEVERMIND New frontiers of engineered nanovectors to improve treatment eﬃcacy and safety in neurological disorders”, 2019-2022. Team member